Friday, November 8, 2013

Dr. Peterson Detox Day 1

Day 1
Thanks to all the patients that came to our 10 day detoxification information class!!
I have chosen to do this detox with you and blog for accountability, support and general information.
At Ambient we perform a BIA (body impedance analysis) prior to your detox.  This provides you with objective information about your fat mass, lean muscle mass and body water.  It is a great tool to supervise healthy weight loss.  It also provides the caloric need per day to maintain weight or determine calorie restriction for weight loss.  We also request you fill out a detox questionaire to subjectively track your symptoms.
I told all of you I would be honest, although I am a chiropractor that specializes in nutrition...I am also surprisingly human :)
So....D-Day!!
Upon waking, my 2 year old said he "had his hungry" and "can you make pam-pakes (pancakes)?"  You bet buddy...but can we do a smoothie if I let you make it?  "Yup!"
I realized my (unfortunate) coffee habit of at least 8- 6 ounce cups a day is over....for at least 10 days. Can you hear the tears falling?
Now....I tell my boys frequently to quit acting like a princess, so I will take my own advice...for today anyhow.
So breakfast  at 4:50 am  was a smoothie, made by my 2 year old :) which included the following:

1 banana
2 scoops of UltraInflamX orange flavor
1 scoop strawberry Dynamic Greens
8 ounces of water
a handful of frozen blueberries

Snack 7:00 a.m. 1/2 cup oatmeal...w/maple   & herbal tea

Snack 9:00 a.m.
2 scoops dutch chocolate ultrameal 360
1 scoop espresso flavored dynamic greens
8 ounces water

herbal tea

so far...no headache    Yeah!
My staff is supportive and some are curious...and some downright scared!
But really?  10 days...I can do it!  It is such a huge incentive to better health!  I would prefer 10 days of chosen restrictions versus a disease that takes my choices away for even one day!!
I hope your attitude is the same.

Wanique


2 comments:

  1. D-day went pretty good for me, did get a headache mild late afternoon!
    Food consisted of....smoothie and muffin and a glass of water....inflamx/renew/greens drink...spring salad w/cucumbers, carrots, olive oil and glass of water....1/2 cup almonds, apple and glass of water....roasted garlic potatoes, 1/2 cup almonds, inflamx/renew/greens, ultra meal and a glass of water to finish of the night! Amazingly, with all that water I only got up once during the night to pee :) I did fall of the wagon on the smokes, had 7 which for me is darn good...my mood was pretty good! :) Terri G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Terri...kudos to you!....No one ever climbed a mountain and wished they had only gone part way!
    Remember the affirmation for the detox...and say it out loud before you even consider lighting up....You can do it!
    Dr. P
    Affirmation: I am doing this detox or cleanse for my health, to help my body heal the way it is designed. Everything I am doing is for the good, eliminating food and toxins isn't painful...it will improve my health. I will feel great physically and mentally when I am done because of the great effort I put forth. It is helpful for me to try different foods and challenge my patterns. I have nothing to lose and health to gain!!

    ReplyDelete